Are you interested in joining an online 5Rhythms class, but you’ve never participated in an in-person 5Rhythms class before? Or maybe just a couple of times? Or maybe you want to get a feel for what it will be like in an online setting? Then this class is for you!
This is a beginner’s orientation to 5Rhythms movement meditation. I’ll introduce the basic elements of the practice: the rhythms, the wave, and body parts. And you will have a chance to practice them. We will cover co-creating a safe and potent container in an online/home setting. And I’ll answer questions if you’ve got them!
There is no charge for this class. BUT preregistration is required! Registration closes two hours before the class start time.
NOTE: If you have not attended in-person 5Rhythms classes or workshops in the past, this orientation is a required prerequisite for my online 5Rhythms classes.
To most fully participate in our online 5Rhythms connection, there are a few things you will need to do before class:
- Make sure you have a device that will work well for class:
- A desk/laptop computer or tablet, ideally with external speakers or wireless earbuds. (If you don’t have external speakers or earbuds, your device’s speakers will work fine, the audio will just be more limited.)
- A smartphone can work, but will limit your participation in a few ways.
- Your device should have a microphone and camera. The built-in ones are fine.
- Register! (Form is below)
- Download Zoom onto your device. Instructions here.
- Choose and set up a dancing space for yourself–somewhere you will feel comfortable moving uninterrupted for our time together. Arrange the space to be calming and welcoming for you. That might mean sweeping, adjusting lighting, creating a small installation (maybe a few precious objects, candles, a bowl of water), draping cloths over distracting items.
On the day of class, I will email you the Zoom link and password an hour before class starts. Lynne (crew and technical assistant) and I will be online 15 minutes before class starts to help you with technical details and getting oriented, so you may want to show up a bit early if it’s your first time.
To help create a safe and sacred space for our practice, there will be no admissions past 10-minutes after class start time. Please plan to stay present and participating for the full session.
I look forward to moving with you!