5Rhythms Online Sunday
5Rhythms is a moving meditation, an embodied survival toolkit for our humanity that is perfect for these chaos times. Connect with self. Connect with others. Resource. Release. Refresh. We’ve got this, humans.
Please note that preregistration is required for these classes and registration closes two hours before the class start time. Registration is limited to 25 dancers.
If you have not attended in-person 5Rhythms classes or workshops in the past, 5Rhythms Fundamentals is a required prerequisite for my online 5Rhythms classes. Visit the class schedule to register.
To most fully participate in our online 5Rhythms connection, there are a few things you will need to do before class:
- Make sure you have a device that will work well for class:
- A desk/laptop computer or tablet, ideally with external speakers or wireless earbuds. (If you don’t have external speakers or earbuds, your device’s speakers will work fine, the audio will just be more limited.)
- A smartphone can work, but will limit your participation in a few ways.
- Your device should have a microphone and camera. The built-in ones are fine.
- Register! (Form is below)
- Download Zoom onto your device. Instructions here.
- Choose and set up a dancing space for yourself–somewhere you will feel comfortable moving uninterrupted for our time together. Arrange the space to be calming and welcoming for you. That might mean sweeping, adjusting lighting, creating a small installation (maybe a few precious objects, candles, a bowl of water), draping cloths over distracting items.
On the day of class, I will email you the Zoom link and password an hour before class starts. Lynne (crew and technical assistant) and I will be online 15 minutes before class starts to help you with technical details and getting oriented, so you may want to show up a bit early if it’s your first time.
To help create a safe and sacred space for our practice, there will be no admissions past 10-minutes after class start time. Please plan to stay present and participating for the full session.
I look forward to moving with you!
Contact me if you are experiencing financial hardship, and we can discuss alternative pricing.
$2 of every $12 class registration goes into a fund to support individuals and organizations economically impacted by COVID-19 closures.
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before class to sort out tech and get settled. Admission ends at 10 minutes after the start time.
All music is used with express permission of the artists. Thank you to Raven Recording for their support!
IMPORTANT: If you are on an iPad or iPhone and got here from Facebook, note that the link to PayPal may not work when you attempt to register. Go to fluencymotion.com in your browser (not in the Facebook app), and all will work fine.